Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Charity Auction for Jeanne Robinson

For those of you who don't know, Jeanne Robinson, wife of noted science fiction author Spider Robinson, is suffering from a rare form of cancer. Many people in the comics and entertainment industry have come together to help, and I wanted to do my part. To that end, I've donated my wedding cake topper to the We Dream For Jeanne charity auctions.

The topper features Heroes of Cybertron Rodimus Prime and Arcee, on a wooden stand with a custom veil, bouquet, bow tie and tux tails. It's pretty adorable, if I do say so myself. If you wind up winning, drop me a line and I'll see if I can't do something extra-nice for you.

It's up on ebay now, with a starting bid of about $25, which is more or less the cost of the materials involved. It's for a good cause, so place a bid if you're interested. You can also check out the We Dream For Jeanne blog.

October 14th, 2009 Update

The auction finished out at an astounding $243.27! F***G, I hope to hear from you. Thanks to everyone who bid for making this thing a huge success!

No comments: