Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Ark Addendum - The Destron Base of Masterforce (part 1)

Is it that time already?  Yup, it's Tuesday, and that means that it's time for another edition of The Ark Addendum.  This week I thought I'd expand out the models of the Destron base, as used in Masterforce.  In  Transformers: The Complete Ark (order it today!) , page 353, I included a one-pager on the Destron base.  This was also in The Ark II, though I don't have the page number handy.  That shows a map of the base, and some exterior shots.  What I sadly didn't have room for was extensive close-ups of several of the rooms in the base.  If only I had some kind of forum with which to share these models...

Wait a moment! I do!

This will be the first of several close-ups of the Destron's underwater base.  I don't want to repeat the external and map shots of the base that I used in the book, so you might want to flip open your Complete Ark or Ark II for reference.  These pages work best in tandem with the published page of the Destron base.  (What's that you say? You don't have the book? For shame!  Get thee to an Amazon noweth!)

Once again, I find it fascinating how organic and natural everything about the Destron base is.  The roof of the base is full of rocky crags, and the openings looks like some kind of ominous orifice, ready to swallow you whole.

No comments: