Monday, December 13, 2010

Ron Friedman auction - Hasbro Briefing Binder (pt 1)

I hope everyone enjoyed the early draft script of The Transformers: The Movie that I uploaded last week.  For those just tuning in, that was part of a collective charity drive effort that started on The AllSpark.  A bunch of us chipped in, got some rare Transformers artifacts, are sharing them with the world and selling the originals for charity.

This next one I'm going to have to break up into several parts.  I may get it all done before I go away for Xmas week, I may not, but I'll do my my best to keep you all in fresh material for as long as possible.  It's the Transformers 1984-85 briefing book that was given to Mr. Friedman to aid him in the task of writing the movie.  A lot of this is material that's been seen before, but it's interesting to see how it all fits together.  The first part is a collection of pages from a red three-ring binder.  I'm starting with the material before the first tab.  That is to say, this material is bound but not tabbed. (There's also unbound material that's a part of this lot.)

Enjoy!  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6NKLDQFS

8 comments:

Alden said...

The Constructicon pictures with "Not correct color" on them make me wonder what colour they were in the original photos. I'm guessing probably their original Diaclone colours...

D.M said...

What does it say about Grimlocks's robot mode feet?

D.M said...

Page 28 misplaced?

Anonymous said...

Hm. Gravedigger. Scrounge. Destructoid. Well, Grave Digger the truck existed by '81. Scrounge got reused later. Destructoid is gone forever.

Do you think Payloader is a name or just a description of the vehicle? It is the kind of truck Scrapper is, but it seems to maybe be a proper noun.

No name for the Decepticon Space Ship. I am sad.

- Firestone

Caleb Barber said...

Now we can finally see why the Constructicons, Insecticons & Grimlock had so many 'looks' in the show. Very interesting.

Transformers At The Moon said...

Awesome stuff once again Mr Sorenson. These auctions are proving to have been just as interesting as we thought.

Anonymous said...

This seems to explain why Swoop ended up in Diaclone colours in the cartoon - he was introduced to the line-up later than the other four, and the comments on pp. 18-19 were ignored or forgotten. I wonder whether it also explains why he was never sold in the UK?

Kenten said...

Hi Jim,

Do these Hasbro Briefing Binder scans still exist somewhere? Megaupload doesn't exist any more, but I would love to see these!