Saturday, September 12, 2026

The Feywild Job by C. L. Polk

 


When I was younger, I read a lot of tie-in fiction. I became a huge Star Trek fan in the late 80s, and once I was all caught up on TOS and TNG, I turned to the novels. I read all the ones that had existed at that point and then bought them when they got released. That is how I found authors like Diane Duane and Peter David. I also loved the Dragonlance books. When they started coming out with D&D novels in other campaign settings, I bought the spelljammer and Ravenloft books too. So I was excited when I saw that there was a new D&D tie in novel available on NetGalley, and I was happy that I got an eARC of the Feywild Job in exchange for an honest review. 


This book was fine! It didn’t blow me away, but I really enjoyed the way the book used spells and warlock mechanics not just as window dressing but also to advance the plot. I felt like the characters were a tad boring, however. I wasn’t invested in the romance and I felt like there were a few too many tropes employed. This was a fun read but won’t be something I come back to. 

No comments: