I fell in love with John Wiswell’s writing when I read his story “Open House on Haunted Hill”, which blew me away. The past two years, I was thrilled when I got eARCs of his novels Someone to Build a Nest In and Wearing the Lion. I loved both of them so I was very happy to get an eARC of his latest book, The Dragon Has Some Complaints, in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this book a bunch, but not quite as much as the author’s previous two novels. I understand what he was trying to do, to show the grumpy primary dragon head’s shift in attitude from the beginning to the end of the novel, but I felt it was too abrupt a transition- so much so that I thought it was an act at first. But I did enjoy the macro and micro stories and thought the romance was sweet.
No comments:
Post a Comment