Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Ark Addendum - Fortress' (Cerebros') Transform

What's this?  I'm going a week without skipping an Ark Addendum?  Could it be that my life is settling back down to something approaching normal? 

Since I seem to be on a roll with Transformations, I figured I'd see if I had any more.  This one is a funny one... Fortress.  Or, if you prefer western naming conventions, Cerebros.  Despite being a giant head, he manages a pretty interesting transformation.

This is a particularly timely model, since TakaraTomy has recently announced Encore #23... Fortress Maximus!  Now, I've already got a MIB Fort Max, Japanese style with the swords, so I'm not directly excited by this.  But we also have the possibility of an eHobby FM repaint.  Oh, my, that could be a LOT of fun.  Anyway, if you've always wanted a Fort Max, this is your chance to get one for something approaching reasonable: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11575&mode=retail

1 comment:

Roadstripe said...

Obviously, Fort Max really wanted to get ahead of the other Headmasters.

At least, in Headmasters, they managed to use Fort Max's head in an interesting way, as a control module that can communicate bot-to-bot with anyone else on the bridge instead of hiding it at some indeterminate spot on either station mode.

As for the eHobby release, about the only possibility I can think of, without them inventing a whole new character, would be to re-release Grand Maximus. Doing so would require them also making Grand's Pretender shell, something his elder brother didn't come with.