Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Ark Addendum - Motormaster's Transform

Whew!  Back from BotCon and still a bit exhausted from the whole wonderful magical ordeal.  I'll probably post a somewhat abbreviated convention report, though you'll have to give me some time to collect my thoughts.

In the meanwhile, it's time for another Ark Addendum.  This time I tackle Motormaster's transformation.  I don't have many other scramble city transforms, and what I did have found its way into  Transformers: The Complete Ark  (order it today!)  This one came to me with the models for Webworld I believe.  (I did an eight part series on Webworld some time back.)

Hope you enjoy!  And there may be another multi-part series of models in the not-too-distant future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And there may be another multi-part series of models in the not-too-distant future."

My initial reaction as a completist on seeing the Motormaster transform was "ARGH! He's started another new team before finishing the ones he already has on the go!" (Headmasters, Targetmasters, Pretenders)

Then I read the text and learnt he was a one-off.

Yeah, I'd love to see another multi-part series of models like the Cassettes, Predacons and Trainbots in the not-too-distant future. But i'd rather have a Highbrow, Pointblank, Sureshot, Misfire, Diver and Gilmer to print out and slot into my wonderful Ark Addendum folder first, if you've got them. :)

While I'm here - I'm looking forward to the box art book more than I've looked forward to anything for a long, long time. More power to you!

Martin

Hans said...

Thanks for this one! It's a rather strange transformation though, as his arms are growing out of his sides... it would have been much more logical to have the roof of the trailer split up and move sideways to form the arms, like the toy does. It would also reveal his chest in a better way. Weird.... I guess the "Transformation" artists didn't always have the toy when they designed the transformation.

D.M said...

Yikes! This is one badly executed transformation. As if there was an additional step between steps 3 and 4. It's very unclear what happened there.