I first heard about Travis Baldree’s Legends and Lattes from Seanan McGuire’s Twitter account. She often would talk about upcoming books that she loved, and she described it in such a way that I was very much looking forward to reading it.
It didn’t disappoint- it was a very nice, sweet, cozy story, and I really enjoyed it. It might have bordered on being too twee, and the inventions of cinnamon rolls and other coffee shop staples felt a tad too convenient at times, but that didn’t detract from the joys of the book.
I enjoyed the other two books in this universe to varying degrees, and I was really delighted by the graphic novel version of the first book.
So I was pleased when the publisher and NetGalley gave me an advance copy of Tales from the Territory, a collection of short fiction set in the same world. Some of these pieces provide backstory for some of the characters, and the final story moved the overall story of Viv forward a bit. That one was clearly my favorite, but I enjoyed each of them. It’s always fun to go back to this cozy world.
No comments:
Post a Comment