Monday, September 21, 2009

Iván's Gallery: Karu-Sil

Good morrow, good readers! Another week, another edition of Iván's Gallery. This week, Iván brings us Karu-Sil, a member of the Sinestro Corps. I've been on a bit of a Green Lantern kick ever since watching First Flight a few weeks back, so when Iván asked me if I minded him branching out from Transformers I said not at all. I think he captures her feral nature quite nicely.

In slightly related new, my JLU collection is very close to complete again. I'm just missing the latest three-packs, after finally getting the new Target six-packs. Cheetah, you WILL be mine! Batman Beyond guys ... ummm ... well, I guess you can hang out with the Legionnaires. Darn you time-displaced folks! (That said, I wouldn't say no to a Jonah Hex. Oh, heck, who am I kidding, I'd buy a six-pack of the Jokerz in a flash.)

UPDATE - Here is what the artist has to say about the piece:

Long been a friend recommended reading Green Lantern.. I can say?! Excellent comic...... one of the best that are edited together now to Brubacker Captain America.
Geoff Johns really knows what he does to himself. He rescued the series until it became what is now ..... the first major series was the War of the Sinestro corps.
This series is a character I drew special attention to me. She is Karu- sil.
Under a weak and innocent appearance hides a monster.
Pinup wanted to show this in a different way the characteristics of this character.... I was inspired by an old movie, "Det sjunde inseglet" ( 1957 ) performed by Von Shidow... with director Ingmar Bergman,
I was inspired by the final scene, where we see the Death dancing with the characters, in a mythical plane.
It also reminded me Karu-sil in spirit to the famous story of the Crepshow or Creppy comic, Jennifer... terrifying story.
The result is this .. we see the innocent Karu - sil dancing, celebrating the death and the terror who inspires in others.

No comments: